Face is what people first notice when you meet them. Many people dream of having sexy facial features, face cuts, chiseled jawline, high cheekbones, and so much more. It’s like these features have become the beauty standards which every girl dreams of.
And if you are too conscious about the chubby cheeks and double chin then it’s time to get into action now.
But how do we attain such characteristics and how do we lose all the face fat? Here are certain things you must follow if you want to lose face fat easily. Let’s see.
How to Lose Face Fat: 7 Things You Must Know
1. Lose Overall Body Weight
Losing weight can be challenging whether it’s the belly fat, thigh fat, or face fat. But you cannot target any one particular part of the body to lose the weight. The calories you intake or the excess fats in your body gets accumulated in many parts throughout the body. This means getting rid of face fat directly is difficult.
In case you are overweight, try overall weight loss. As losing weight from your body will eventually burn the face fats. For this increase the cardio workout routine and cut down on calories. We’ll talk in detail about this in further points.
2. Eat Healthy Diet
A healthy diet plays a very important role in losing weight. The excess fats in your body is a result of a high number of calories you intake and a low number of calories you burn off. You must eat healthily and avoid heavily processed food items, junk foods, and foods that are high in carbs, salt, and sugar.
Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, fish. Try including foods that are rich in protein and fiber. Also, try cutting down the daily calories by 500 a day using a proper and healthy diet. If you go overboard, you will feel extremely hungry leading to giving up and eating too much.
3. Increase Cardio Exercise
Exercise is good for your overall health. Even if you are not looking for weight loss, a proper workout routine is a must as it keeps you strong and healthy.
Cardio exercises include any exercise that increases your heartbeats. They have many health benefits like stronger heart, low cholesterol, reduced stress, lowers the risk of heart disease, gives you more strength, and helps in weight loss.
Cardio exercises include: walking, running, swimming, HIIT, rope jumping, and many more. 30-40 minutes of cardio exercise promotes fat loss. It can be difficult for beginners, start slow and gradually increase the number of set and time. Remember not to give up.
4. Keep Yourself Hydrated
It is important to keep yourself hydrated if you are looking forward to losing weight. Drinking more water increases your metabolism and also reduces the calorie intake as you will feel full for a long time. So, have enough water with your breakfast.
Also, water prevents bloating by reducing fluid retention, as a result, less of the puffy face and more of weight loss. Therefore if you don’t want those chubby cheeks, go grab yourself a glass of water and increase your metabolism rate.
5. Sleep Enough
Proper sleep is an important aspect of you want to lose weight. Do you know that if you don’t get enough sleep your body releases certain hormones which help in weight gain?
The hormone we are talking about here is cortisol, it not only makes you feel more hungry but also decrease of metabolism rate. And you know what happens when the metabolism rate decreases – Weight Gaining.
6. Start Facial Exercises
Okay, here comes the most important part of how to lose face fat – Exercises. Though you can’t spot reduce face fat, there are certain exercises which will help you tone your face muscles. Facial exercises can strengthen your facial muscles, make your face appear slimmer, and also improve your facial appearance.
Listed below are a few facial exercises you can do during your free time.
- Sit in a comfortable position and take a deep breath, puff your cheeks and start blowing air from one side to the other. You can do this several times during the day.
- For the next exercise, move your lips and jaw to one side like you are side kissing or twisting your nose to one side and hold it for a few seconds before doing it for the other side.
- Summiting is another great exercise for face. Clench your teeth while smiling and puller your lips in alternate sides.
- We all have the habit of sticking our tongue to one side of the mouth. Use this habit as an exercise by making small circles inside your mouth with the tongue. Start by doing it on the right side of the mouth then left, and later on either side near the nose region (upper lips).
- Now for the chin, look up towards the ceiling, stretch your neck and keep your eyes pointed to the ceiling. Then blow a kiss to the ceiling i.e. make a pout and stretch your facial muscles. Be in this position for a few seconds and then relax. Repeat this exercise for a few times throughout the day.
- Press your tongue to the bottom of your mouth and push your chin up using your fists, this way the pressure will be applied on the chin from both sides.
- Try blowing air in a balloon till it’s completely full. Then open the mouth of the balloon and let the air pass out, now again fill the air in the balloon.
- You must have heard people say this quite often that chewing gum will tone your face muscles. So, get a sugar-free gum and start chewing it for at least 15-20 mins. You can do this twice a day.
- Lastly, don’t forget to give yourself a facial massage at least once a day.
7. Reduce Alcohol Intake
So, here’s a fun fact, alcohol contains a high amount of calories. This calories if not burn off will get accumulated in your body. If you are not a fan of workout, drinking too much alcohol can cause you trouble. Alcohol consumption can cause bloating and weight gain.
So, next time you are in a party or you order drinks, remember not to go overboard, or you’ll end up with chubby cheeks. But this does not mean that you must avoid alcohol, just limit your consumption.
Continue Reading: Upper Body Workout for Women